What: The Junior Theater Festival (JTF) is the world’s biggest and best celebration of young people performing musical theater. JTF brings together student musical theater troupes from all over the world for a weekend of musical theater education, fun, and celebration! Each troupe performs fifteen minutes from a Broadway Junior®️ show for adjudication by a panel of musical theater experts. The weekend also features professional development for teachers, workshops for students and parents, a New Works Showcase featuring new musical adaptations soon to be released and concludes with a grand finale concert headlined by Broadway’s best!
- The JTF team is a competition team that will focus on training for the I-Theatrics Jr Theater Festival, and is open to students who will be 8-18 years old by January 15th, 2021.
- The festival takes place January 15th-18th, 2021 at the Cobb Center in Atlanta.
- The team will rehearse once a week (for 1.5 hours) starting in late August, they will also be required to take a dance technique class (minimum 1 hour) once a week during the rehearsal period. (This will help increase their competitiveness and overall technique.)
- All participants cast will be required to attend a majority of the rehearsals and required dance classes, with only 3 excused absences allowed.
- There are limited positions available on the competition team and selection is done based on the needs of the team. Some students who audition may be cut/not placed on the team.
- Junior Theatre Festival Entrance Fees ($260 per entrance wristband) are due by June 30th.
- Please read the document below for additional details and required commitments prior to auditioning.
- Auditions will be held by video submission.
- Please submit a video, e-mailed to email@example.com, with the subject line- JTF Audition, by April 15th (If you are also auditioning for Anything Goes, please put "Anything Goes and JTF Audition") in your subject line. Please also include your name and phone number in the body of the email.
- Video auditions should consist of your name, introduction of what you will be singing, and a song of your choice, that shows of your vocal range and personality.
- Videos should be limited to 1.5-2 minutes.
- Video Tip: Test it first. Make sure you can be seen from the waist up, you are well lit, and heard clearly.